Friday, January 11, 2013

The Art of Beautiful Love Letters

What woman doesn't desire one of those beautiful, heartfelt love letters?  A letter where a man removes his inhibitions and lets go of his heart and soul for the woman he loves!  A love letter sets the woman's heart ablaze for her lover and his endearing words.  Men, if you want to melt a woman's heart, make her feel like a Lady and show that she's the most important person in your world.  Write a love letter!

Here are a few of our favorite love letters!

Letter written by Napoleon Bonaparte to his future wife, Josephine.

Paris, December 1795

I wake filled with thoughts of you. Your portrait and the intoxicating evening which we spent yesterday have left my senses in turmoil. Sweet, incomparable Josephine, what a strange effect you have on my heart! Are you angry? Do I see you looking sad? Are you worried?... My soul aches with sorrow, and there can be no rest for you lover; but is there still more in store for me when, yielding to the profound feelings which overwhelm me, I draw from your lips, from your heart a love which consumes me with fire? Ah! it was last night that I fully realized how false an image of you your portrait gives!

You are leaving at noon; I shall see you in three hours.

Until then, mio dolce amor, a thousand kisses; but give me none in return, for they set my blood on fire.




Image Credit: Letter




Letter from Ludwig van Beethoven to an Unknown "Immortal Beloved"


July 6, 1806

My angel, my all, my very self -- only a few words today and at that with your pencil -- not till tomorrow will my lodgings be definitely determined upon -- what a useless waste of time. Why this deep sorrow where necessity speaks -- can our love endure except through sacrifices -- except through not demanding everything -- can you change it that you are not wholly mine, I not wholly thine?

Oh, God! look out into the beauties of nature and comfort yourself with that which must be -- love demands everything and that very justly -- that it is with me so far as you are concerned, and you with
me. If we were wholly united you would feel the pain of it as little as I!

Now a quick change to things internal from things external. We shall surely see each other; moreover, I cannot communicate to you the observations I have made during the last few days touching my own life -- if our hearts were always close together I would make none of the kind. My heart is full of many things to say to you - Ah! -- there are moments when I feel that speech is nothing after all -- cheer up -- remain my true, only treasure, my all as I am yours; the gods must send us the rest that which shall be best for us.

Your faithful,
Ludwig 

Image Credit: Letter




Letter from Frida to her husband
Diego, my love, 
Remember that once you finish the fresco we will be together forever once and for all, without arguments or anything, only to love one another.
Behave yourself and do everything that Emmy Lou tells you.
I adore you more than ever. Your girl, Frida
(Write me)
Image Credit: Letter



Letter from Johnny Cash to June

Hey June,
That’s really nice June. You’ve got a way with words and a way with me as well.
The fire and excitement may be gone now that we don’t go out there and sing them anymore, but the ring of fire still burns around you and I, keeping our love hotter than a pepper sprout.
Love John

Credit: Letter



Letter from Marlon Brando to a Lady who caught his eye

Dear Lady —

There is something not quite definable in your face — something lovely, not pretty in a conventionally thought of way. You have something graceful and tender and feminine (sp). You seem to be a woman who has been loved in her childhood, or else, somehow by the mystery of genetic phenomena you have been visited by the gifts of refinement, dignity and poise. Perhaps you cannot be accredited with all that.

Irrespective of your gothic aspects, you have passed something on in terms of your expression, mien and general comportment that is unusual and rewarding.

It's been a pleasant if brief encounter and I wish you well and I hope we shall have occasion to cross eyes again sometime.

Best wishes

Marlon Brando

Savoy
Credit: Letter


Which is your favorite love letter?  I think mine is Napoleon's!  


Photobucket friday favorite things | finding joy

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I wish I had received love letters!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I absolutely love reading stuff like this, although it makes me yearn for another time and place. So romantic!
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish people would still write love letters, I would love to get one haha :-) Thank you so much for participating in out Aloha Friday Blog Hop and for the follow on my blog. I just followed you back and look forward to read more of you!

    xoxo Pakize (Keke)

    https://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these letters- so romantic. I am your newest follower and was hopin' that you'd pop on by my blog (which is currently under construction so don't mind the missing photo, etc), hang around and follow me back!


    Have a lovely day!

    Sarah

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAHAHA! So cute. I love these. I think the Johnny Cash one is my favorite- definitely sounds like a man wrote it. Just found your blog and I'm excited to get to know you better. Hope you don't mind if I follow along...

    newest follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete